In recent years the Western Canadian Sedimentary Basin has experienced a significant increase in horizontal drilling and so has the industry's need for directional competency. To answer these demands of the drilling industry, Precision Drilling purchased Axis Energy Services on Sept. 9th of 2011. Precision took notice of how Axis had successfully built its business comprising of directional drilling specialists and industry-leading directional equipment. Axis had established a great reputation with numerous oil and gas companies in Western Canada for reliability, performance and excellent service. Following is the executive summary of our equipment, services and personnel.
Executive Summary of Precision Directional Drilling
Precision Directional Service's Highlights:
Precision Directional Services provides complete directional packages and well planning tailored specifically for each wells unique characteristics. Directional services include a complete staff of experienced directional coordinators, drillers and operation manager's at all operational bases in Alberta and Saskatchewan.
- More than 100 full time employees and 75 consultants
- Directional fleet to provide high level services, experienced personnel, and equipment to handle 52 full service directional/horizontal jobs
- Live Downhole Vibration Measurement
- Short Bit to Bend Motors
- Inclination at Bit
- Positive Pulse MWD – Retrievable
- Electro Magnetic – Retrievable – 2 Way Communication
- Gamma while drilling – manned or remote
- Focused Gamma
Precision Directional Service's Accountability:
Our meticulous maintenance schedule enables us to provide a fleet of tools that are better than the standard available on the market and provide superior mean-time between failure (MTBF) rates. All drilling motor and MWD maintenance is performed at Precision's operational bases for maximum quality control.
- State of the art Motor facility in Nisku & MWD/Remote Technical facility in South Calgary
- Newly opened Directional facility in Weyburn, Saskatchewan
Precision Drilling Safety Team
Precision's industry-leading health, safety, and environment (HSE) initiative know as Target Zero places a premium on safe working practices. When coupled with other training and employee development initiatives, Precision consistently yields top-quality personnel allowing Precision Directional Services to consistently exceed industry safety standards and customer expectations.
- Senior HSE Superintendent dedicated to directional services
- Corporate QHSE administration team and dedicated QHSE registries specialist
- Over 50 dedicated HSE staff within Precision
Precision Directional Service's Advantage:
The PDSL Advantage rests on experience. We assemble teams of experienced personnel that understand performance. This enables us to empower our operational coordinators to make timely decisions. They understand the fundamentals of good planning, strong execution, and performance objectives. Our daily operational meeting ensures that our team communication remains at the highest level with each section of every well we are drilling. Our clientele recognizes this as being an advantage for continuously providing optimum performance and service.
- Management team has over 185 years of combined drilling experience in all areas of Western Canada
- Since inception of Axis in early 2006, provided services on over 2500 wells in North America
- Directional drilling staff has an average of 10 years' experience
- MWD staff has an average of 5 years' experience
- Advanced Well Planning team, Torque and Drag and Anti Collision Services
- Engineering services, offset well analysis, BHA Design, Hydraulics Modeling and (ROP Programing) Recommended Operating Parameters
Precision Directional Service's Competitive Edge:
Remote or Reduced Personnel Directional Drilling
PDSL has drilled a multitude of vertical and directional wells by way of remote or reduced personnel and is the leader in this type of specialized service. Precision Directional Services has perfected directional decision making through a means of transmitting wireless telecommunications to our centrally located command center.
- Unmanned Survey On Connection Equipment
- Full range of Inclination, Azimuth, and Tool Face information
- Reduced personnel, subsistence & vehicle charges (on site and mobilization)
- Safety, reduced personnel at the rig site therefore less risk to client.
- Eliminate dedicated trip to pick up and or lay down DD tools
- No down time waiting on directional crew to show up for correction runs.
- Increased ROP by eliminating need to “fan hole”
- Full remote gamma services