Precision Drilling Corporation (the "Corporation") is governed by a board of directors and managed by our executive management team. Our investors hold common shares in the capital of the Corporation. Holders of such common shares are herein referred to as 'shareholders'.
At Precision, corporate governance means more than simply complying with a code. We believe that a strong culture of corporate governance and ethical behavior in decision-making is fundamental to the way we do business. We therefore keep a close eye on best practices and constantly develop and improve our own governance framework accordingly. We continue to enhance our focus on good corporate governance by building on our existing practices.
Some examples of the Corporation's governance include:
- 90% of the directors of the Corporation are independent;
- All members of the audit, compensation, and corporate governance and nominating committees are independent;
- An independent director serves as the Chairman of the Board of Directors;
- The independent members of the Board of Directors meet regularly without the presence of Management;
- The Board of Directors oversees and approves the annual strategic plan;
- The Board of Directors' committees and chairs operate under written charters setting out their responsibilities;
- The Corporation has equity ownership guidelines for directors, officers and senior management;
- The Corporation has a joint code of business conduct and ethics policy to ensure that matters are handled ethically and with integrity;
- The Board of Directors conducts an annual self-evaluation to determine whether it and its committees are functioning effectively;
- The Corporation has a whistleblower hotline to facilitate anonymous reporting of any questionable activities; and
- The Corporation continues to evaluate best practices in corporate governance and incorporate those that are in the best interests of shareholders.
- The Corporation's corporate governance structures, systems and practices conform with the applicable governance rules and guidelines established by the Canadian Securities Administrators and the United States Securities and Exchange Commission. The common shares of the Corporation are listed for trading on the Toronto Stock Exchange and the New York Stock Exchange. A complete description of the Corporation's corporate governance practices is set out in the Corporation's Management Information Circular.